function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BWagsBWags 

Email-to-Case Email Attachments Question

We have email-to-case enabled and it works fine.

We use cases for our helpdesk, no problem there.

I just noticed this today.  Someone sends an email to our helpdesk, it gets turned into a case.  Now, if they have attachments on that email, this is where the problem comes in.  When the case is created the email that was sent shows up as an open activity.  If I click through that activity to the email I can then view the attachment.  BUT.  Once I reply to that email, say to ask for more info on the problem, that activity gets moved to the Activity History section.  The problem is that the activity is now of my email reply being sent to them, so there are no attachments on it.  The email they sent to help desk with the attachments in the first place no longer has it's own activity, so there is no way to see the attachments.

Basically the situation today was like this:

1)Email to help desk (which I noticed had attachments so I briefly looked at them)

2)Reply asking for more info on a particular aspect of the problem

3)User who opened the case replies back saying the info I need is buried in one of the attachments

4)Imagine my surprise when I can no longer view any of the attachments now....

Anyone know why after I reply to the email I can't see the attachments anymore?  Does it make sense that it's this way?  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Do you have the "E-mail" related list on your case page?

All Answers

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Do you have the "E-mail" related list on your case page?

This was selected as the best answer
BWagsBWags

No I didn't.  Thank You!

I didn't realize there was an Email related list, since I've never seen one on any of the other objects.  I've added it to Cases though, and that's exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you very much.