function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan_HDan_H 

Error Updating Accounts/Contacts with WSDL

I am sending data to salesforce.com through a generated WSDL.  One of the fields in the WSDL for both Accounts/Contacts is the "IsDeleted" field.  I am using IBM's ESB to send data to salesforce.com, but the ESB seems to default "false" into IsDeleted because it is a boolean field.  Is there something I can do on the salesforce.com side to either remove this field from the WSDL, or change IsDeleted to a read/write?

Thanks,

Dan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

isDeleted is a field on all objects -- it tells you whether the object is in the recycle bin or not.  It is derived and cannot be made writeable.

The best you could do is perhaps edit the WSDL to take that field out so that your ESB is unaware of it.  Is there no way you can make the ESB not specify that field?  It seems silly that it's specifying a value for a read-only field.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

isDeleted is a field on all objects -- it tells you whether the object is in the recycle bin or not.  It is derived and cannot be made writeable.

The best you could do is perhaps edit the WSDL to take that field out so that your ESB is unaware of it.  Is there no way you can make the ESB not specify that field?  It seems silly that it's specifying a value for a read-only field.

This was selected as the best answer
Dan_HDan_H

Thanks for the reponse.  I was able to modify the WSDL and remove the 'IsDeleted' field and it worked.  Do you happen to know if there is a way to do that within SalesForce.com so that I don't have to modify the WSDL everytime? 

I haven't found anything yet on the ESB side.  No matter what I do it wants to default that field to 'False'.

werewolfwerewolf
No, there's nothing you can do to make the IsDeleted field go away.  You must have other fields on your object that are read-only -- why isn't the ESB throwing up on those?
Dan_HDan_H

The 'IsDeleted' field seems to be the only boolean field in my WSDL.  All the rest are strings or QueryResults which the ESB leaves alone.