function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
go_bear_2001go_bear_2001 

Replicate data from Production to Sandbox environment

Hi,

We're currently have a Salesforce Enterprise license and I'm wondering as if is there a way we can bring all of our existing data from our Production environment to our Sandbox environment so that we can do some performance tests.  Any idea is welcome.

Thanks,

bear_2001

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

You can purchase a Full Copy Sandbox, which will replicate your data in addition to your setup/metadata into your sandbox.  Talk to your Account Executive about pricing and availability.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

All Answers

mat_tone_84mat_tone_84
If I remember, when you create sandbox, only the setup(field,workflow...) will be passed to sandbox from production, but the data will not passed
go_bear_2001go_bear_2001

Yes, that's right.  I know when I sync the production to sandbox, only the structures (objects/workflow/processes,etc.) will be copied over.  The question is how do we copy data over from production to sandbox as well?  or is it even possible?

thanks, 

JonPJonP

You can purchase a Full Copy Sandbox, which will replicate your data in addition to your setup/metadata into your sandbox.  Talk to your Account Executive about pricing and availability.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

This was selected as the best answer
Kashyap PatelKashyap Patel

I've been developing an application over the past month which is built specifically for this. I run into this same exact issue at my day job so I decided that i will develop this since i'm sure others have run into this same issue. I'm surprised that salesforce doesnt offer some mechanism to do this. I guess they make too much $$ off thier sandboxes.

Anyways, it's called SFXOrgData, http://www.sfApex.com, and lets you copy data from Production into any type of sandbox. This also gets around the 30 day refresh limitation on full-sandboxes.

If the sandbox already contains a copy of the production data, it also uses External Ids to update the existing records rather than creating new ones.

Also, the app lets you filter the data you want to copy so you dont hit any size limits on the destination sandbox.

Since it's build specifically for Salesforce to Salesforce, it also has the ability to disable stuff like validation rules and triggers during the transfer.

UC InnovationUC Innovation
We have been developing a product to move data from any salesforce org to any other salesforce org. Many of our clients use it as a way to easily copy data from production to sandbox.

http://cloudexplorer.ucinnovation.com/

Our product features a drag and drop interface, and the ability to copy over parent and child records (up to 5 levels down) with one drag and drop. This means you can drag and drop an account and it will copy over the account, its parent account, child contact, opportunity, attachment... etc. All at once!