function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InstallfreeInstallfree 

Picklist field and record types

Hi,

I have picklist field with 5 values, and 2 record types.

Can I filter the picklist in order to display 2 values in one record type and

the rest in other record type (directly or workaround)?

shillyershillyer

Not that I'm aware of, you can have dependent picklists, but they would appear on both record types. Why not just have 2 picklist fields, one for one record type and one for the other?

Hope that helps,

Sati

absabs

Create record types for a custom object to display different picklist values and page layouts to different users based on their

profiles. For more information about record types, see Managing Record Types on page 611.

1. Click Setup Create Objects.

2. Select the custom object.

3. Click New in the Record Types related list.

4. Choose Master from the Existing Record Type drop-down list to copy all available picklist values, or choose an

existing record type to clone its picklist values.

5. Enter a Record Type Label that's unique within the object.

6. Enter a description.

7. Select the Active checkbox to activate the record type.

8. Select the Enable for Profile checkbox next to a profile to make the record type available to users with that profile.

Select the checkbox in the header row to enable it for all profiles.

9. For enabled profiles, optionally select the Make Default checkbox to make it the default record type for users of that

profile. Select the checkbox in the header row to make it the default for all profiles.

10. Click Next.

11. Choose a page layout option to determine what page layout displays for records with this record type:

To apply a single page layout for all profiles, select Apply one layout to all profiles and choose the page

layout from the drop-down list

To apply different page layouts based on user profiles, select Apply a different layout for each profile

and choose a page layout for each profile

12. Click Save to edit the values of the standard and custom picklists available for the record type, or click Save and New to

create another record type.