function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
G_MitchG_Mitch 

Displaying an Iframe with external URL in EDIT mode ?

We have an S-control setup to display an external web site in an iFrame, but this is only displayed in View mode. When a users goes to add or edit a record on the page the iFrame is no longer displayed. Is there a way to override this (or to utilize a Visualforce page) to display the iFrame with the external web site while adding or editing the record?

Appreciate any help!

SteveBowerSteveBower

I assume you've checked the page layout?  It's possible you have the S-Control in a section which is set to only display in View mode? 

Check the parameters for the section (as opposed to the S-Control), There's a checkbox for View mode and another for display in Edit mode as well. 

Best, Steve.

G_MitchG_Mitch

Steve, Good suggestion but I do have the property of the Page Layout section already checked off for Edit, but the section with the S-Control only appears in View mode. When you click the Edit button the section is not displayed.

werewolfwerewolf
You cannot add inline Scontrols or Visualforce pages in edit mode.  To add something to a page in an edit mode as of this writing, your only recourse is to write the entire edit page in Visualforce.
SteveBowerSteveBower
Oops, my brain jumped to the Section display controls.  Werewolf is dead on.  Sorry, Steve.