function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tedevangtedevang 

Lead Conversion - need custom related lists moved to Account

I have both custom fields and objects (accessed by related lists) that need to be moved to the account once the lead is converted. How would I accomplish the following:

1. Move custom field values from lead to account
  2. Move contents of a custom object related list (which might have multiple entries) from lead to account
  3. Trigger some custom fields in account object to be automatically set to a specified value.

Thanks for any help on this.

-Ted

Greg HGreg H

Honestly, you have a couple of options for each of your bullets. The weight of each option will change based on the business requirements, which were not listed. Anyway, I would suggest the following:

1. Map the custom Lead fields to the custom Account fields so that the values move upon conversion. Setup > Leads (under App Setup) > Fields then click the Map Lead Fields button located next to the "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships" section of the page.
  2. Create a trigger to update the existing custom object's association from the Lead to Account upon Lead conversion. This would require a new custom lookup field on your related object to the Account object.
    • Before moving forward on this suggestion you should really understand the business requirements and whether another solution is better suited than this.
  3. Use workflow rules to perform a field update on Account. Or use a formula field on Account to handle requirement. Or add a trigger to make the field update if the workflow rule cannot handle it appropriately.

Hope this is enough to get you started,
-greg