function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BehzadBehzad 

Email-To-Case Field Update

Hey all,

My organization sends emails from Cases to different vendors, then vendors open tickets for the issues and respond to the emails with new ticket numbers.

There is a custom filed on the Cases object, called Vendor Reference ID, that is designed to be used for logging the new ticket numbers.

Currently, my case teams manually copy the ticket numbers from their emails and update the corresponding Cases in Salesforce.

I thought that I can use the Email-to-Case functionality to streamline this process, but I believe this functionality is commonly used for creating cases and not updating the existing ones.

So, my question is:

How can I automatically update the Vendor Reference ID field on Cases when vendors respond to the emails that were sent from Cases?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you and happy new year,

Behzad

Message Edited by Behzad on 01-04-2010 10:52 AM
whynotwhy99whynotwhy99

Any news on this one from anybody?  We have the exact same challenge with multiple field updates.  Thanks.

hxnhxn

One system's email-to-case will not work with another system's email-to-case coherently because of ID and subject pattern conflicts.

You have to consider an interpreter/mapper to handle the translations. Check out Hubcase for Salesfoce, it deals with vendor escalation of cases from organization to organization, from system to system. Maybe that's the one you need. Also, they have the so called IVE solution, that may solve your problem using emails only.