function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssssssss 

facing the problem at the time of connecting the VF page to Standard button

Hi,

In my application is having 13 objects.In that i had already connected one button to one Vf page like this. 

Standard Buttons Links-->

override-->Tab, override-->View,override-->Edit,override-->New.

Again i had reset the tab,view,edit,new.Now i am connecting the new VF page to same tab.Here i am not able to see my page in tab,view,edit,new.how can i connect VF page to button.

Thanks in advance,

Manu..

SivarajanSivarajan
Just check that whether you are using standard controller in Visualforce page. If it's not the standard controller. you won't able to connect with any button. I think so
ssssssss

Thanks for ur reply,

I used only standard controller only.tell me any another way to connect the vf page to standard button.

Thanks in advance,

Manu..

Nick34536345Nick34536345

For a tab you need to use the standard list controller, e.g.

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">

ssssssss

Thanks for ur support.

I had used "recordSetVar" instead of "extensions".But in my page i am doing some validations.At the time of saving the page it shows the error on validation script.In sample page recordSetVar is working. This page is also appearing while overriding the tab only but it is not appearing at the time of overriding new,view,edit.

But my problem is i want override the tab,view,edit,new with some validations in my page.

I am using like this:<apex:page standardController="Sea_Foot_Note__c"  extensions="test3_validate" >

plz tell me how to connect the Vf page to tab,view,new,edit.If u give the solution it is very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance,

Manu..

Nick34536345Nick34536345

Hi again

I was slightly incorrect - to override a tab you could also use a page which doesn't use any standard controller, but still, you won't be able to use the same page becase to override "New", "Edit", and "View" you definitely need a page with the standard controller.