function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeeRDeeR 

Close Date being automatically adjusted

Dear people that may be in the know:

I noticed recently that my Close date is being automatically adjusted to Today()'s date if the status of the opportunity changes to Full Amount Paid.

Or it may simply be that the system notices the amount due becoming 0 but either way the auto changing of the date is causing me some problems.

I've looked through the workflows and the like and can't seem to find where this is happening. If it's buried in the system such that I can't change it then I'll be forced to create a [custom] field to use instead of Close Date.

This is all brought about by my employers insistance that he doesn't want to use Close date as Final Payment Date for Opportunities.

Forgive me for mixing business talk and dev' talk but as a slight newbie to Opportunities and Wheeling and Dealing would it not be fair to say that using the Close Date as Final payment is apt?

As noted by the automatic adjustment of the date when all monies owed are paid. The Deal has been Closed.

Anyway, I see it that way, I just wish he did too <sigh>

Dee

shillyershillyer

According to the help,

When you set an open opportunity's Stage to a type of “Closed/Won,” the Close Date is set to today's date.

So if you want a different date, you should use a workflow field update.

Hope that helps,

Sati

DeeRDeeR

Hi Sati,

thanks for your reply.

I:ve changed our system and will use Close Date now in the manner I believe it was intended for, ie. Deal Closed (Final Payment Received) and will use another date.

I was just thinking that I could use the field update with the PRIORVALUE() method but I had forgotten about that method and was in a conundrum about how I could put the field back (keep it at the date we'd set it at)

Essentially, as travel agents, my company need dates which signify beginning and end of events, not just Beginning and End of negotiations over a 'deal'. These dates, whilstnot always totally fixed, are rarely the same as the dates that negotiations start and finish.

From what I can see of his system so far, Closed/won is not even being used??

</rant>

Thanks again.

Regards

Dee