function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NashaNasha 

Filter Addresses in "From" Field

Hi

I am currently implementing "Email to Case" and i want to allow our reps the ability to send emails to answer customer queries directly from salesforce.  However i only want them to have the ability to send emails from one email address (eg. support@blank.com).  Currently when a users selects new email from a case it gives them the option to send an email from their email address as well as any organziation wide email addresses that are available to them in salesforce. 

I am wondering if there is a way to filter the email addresses so our reps only have one selection when they attempt to send emails

Thank you

werewolfwerewolf

Unfortunately that page always gives the option of using one's own email address.  You could default the from address on the page with a technique like this:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xo&id=087300000006tqzAAA

(unfortunately the post got a little messy when the blogs got reskinned, but hopefully it's still readable)

mikefitzmikefitz

Sorry for posting to this but I thought someone may stumble upon this message in the future and this may resolve somebody else issue. One resolution into resolving this issue would be to set your email address to be the the same as the email to case.

SETUP | Personal Setup | Email | My Email Settings

Change the email to be support@blank.com and you should only have the option to send from the intended email address and the sender will always reply to the email to case inbox.

Good Luck