+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Account Owner Name - via formula

Hi All,

I am trying to pull in the Account Owner's Name to a custom object using a formula. However just see an option for the Account Owner ID.

TIA

David

sales4cesales4ce

I am assuming you are having a look up relationship to the Account from your custom object.

I would to it in 2 steps:

1)

Create a Formula field (Account_Ownername__c) on the Account object to pull the Account Owner Name.

From Account, Owner.Name should give you the Account Owner Name.

2)

Create a formula field on your custom object to pull the Account ownername from Account_Ownername__c field.

From your Custom object, Account__r.Account_Ownername__c should give you the owner name.

Hope it helps.

Sales4ce

Book_GuyBook_Guy

From the Account you can do CreatedBy.FirstName.  But you can't access the profile record using Owner.Name.

Seems to me there ought to be some way to do this.

--David

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can not access the owner name in formula.

An idea over this : http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9y3&id=08730000000IJugAAG

Similar Idea : http://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BqiPAAS

Now if you want to get owner name then write trigger which will fetch the owner name and will update it in your field.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Tyler MowbreyTyler Mowbrey
I know this is a really old thread but I want to add a solution:

You can do something similar to this - Contact.Account.Owner.FirstName + ' '+  Contact.Account.Owner.LastName
KCarmenKCarmen
I'm still trying to figure out how to do this? Is there a solution?
Account__r.Name Please Excuse Typos - Sent via Mobile Device
KCarmenKCarmen
That will bring the Account Name in but not the Account Owner's name.
Account__r.owner.firstname & ' ' & Account__r.owner.lastname Please Excuse Typos - Sent via Mobile Device
KCarmenKCarmen
AWESOME! Thanks Tyler - that worked! Much appreciated
hovik___hovik___

What is the "Account__r"? Is it custom field?

I need to pull opportunities including 'Created By' field, and the field for that is "CreatedById" in documentation. However, I need The name of the creator except the id. And perhaps I cannot use custom field, because users will connect their salesforce account and it will be vary from account to account.

Any idea?