function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RakheebRakheeb 

queries on sites?

Hi guys ,i am working on sites ,i have build a visual force page on site apart from this what kind of applications we can build on site and also once we build a application on site it is possible to modify it(End user)?So kindly let me know this solution.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Hi Rakheeb,

Sites are the place where you want enduser to comunicate with your application without login to salesforce. It is the guest profile user. Mainly these site pages are developed for registration purpose. To allow any update, insert or any other actions on any site page you need to provide appropriate right to guest user profile.

For more you can see : http://developer.force.com/sites

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Hi Rakheeb,

Sites are the place where you want enduser to comunicate with your application without login to salesforce. It is the guest profile user. Mainly these site pages are developed for registration purpose. To allow any update, insert or any other actions on any site page you need to provide appropriate right to guest user profile.

For more you can see : http://developer.force.com/sites

This was selected as the best answer
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

After you build an application, you can modify it and redeploy it on the platform easily.

RakeebRakeeb

Hi,if i am building a visual force page with out using Lead,Account,Contact standard objects and that can  be called on site i.e active site homepage but i can access this visualforce page using site with out credintial of salesforce and also its working.But if suppose i am using standobjects in visualforce page i.e Account getting error like Authorization Required .So how can i access standard objects in visualforce page on sites .Example code as shown below

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock mode="edit">
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Dependent Picklists" columns="2">
<apex:inputField value="{!account.industry}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!account.type}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

So kindly let me know the solution ASAP.

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Check the public access settings for the site and make sure you have the appropriate CRUD on Account