function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RAJU_DEEPRAJU_DEEP 

Lookup Field Issue

Hello,

I have created two custom object say A (Parent) and B (Child) with the Lookup relationship between them, whenever i create a new record in custom object B and click on the lookup field it displays the standard field of custom object A i.e. name but my requirement is whenever i click on the lookup field it should display the custom field (type__c) instead of the standard field (name) of custom object A.

Is there any way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Raju.

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi Raju,

1. You can add some more fields in the Lookup popup page by using the Lookup Dialog in the  Search Layout section of the custom object detail page.

or

2. You can click the My columns section in the Lookup page to make the type field as the first field, But any way you need to click the name field while selecting the parent value, that cannot be changed I think

Thanks,

Arunraj

SAPOCSAPOC

You can add Object A type field by editing the Lookup Dialogs in Search Layouts of Object A.

Since A is a custom Object you can edit the standard field -NAME as this is the record name.

RAJU_DEEPRAJU_DEEP

Thanks for your response, it works but now I require a new thing to be done. Whenever I click on the lookup field it is displaying the type__c records but when the record is saved in custom object B it saves and displays in the lookup field value as the standard field value of the custom object A and I want instead of showing the standard field value it should display the type__c field value in the record as well. So is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Raju

SAPOCSAPOC

Whenever you select a record in the lookup filter,Record Name of that object is saved as look up field.

thats why record Name of Object A is saved .

In order to add type create formula field on Object B and give default as Account__r.Type .