function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NattyForceNattyForce 

Dashboards & Field Values/Data

Is there a way have the actual field values drive the dashboards? It seems that each component compiles record counts and displays the graphs/gauges accordingly. I'd like to have the graphs and gauges based on data in a particular custom field instead of record counts.

For instance: If I want a graph detailing how many Blue Widgets we have is there a way to have the graph based on whatever value I put into a field called Blue Widgets rather than counting the number of Blue Widget records?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-natty

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RArunrajRArunraj

Hi,

I think it cannot be done with the custom field, instead you need to do with Custom Summary Formula Field.

You need to create a summary report, Then you need to create a Custom summary formula field on the report and add that newly created custom summary formula field on the report and Now you will be able to see the Gauge Report with the custom summary value instead of Record count.

Thanks,

Arunraj

All Answers

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi,

I think it cannot be done with the custom field, instead you need to do with Custom Summary Formula Field.

You need to create a summary report, Then you need to create a Custom summary formula field on the report and add that newly created custom summary formula field on the report and Now you will be able to see the Gauge Report with the custom summary value instead of Record count.

Thanks,

Arunraj

This was selected as the best answer
NattyForceNattyForce

Arunraj,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try this approach today and get back to you.

-Natty

NattyForceNattyForce

RArunraj,

Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I was asking for and it helped but now I have a new issue. Is there a way to compare two summary fields  in a dashboard component?

FYI:

I've been tasked with building an activity/work tracking tool. My company isn't interested in paid solution so it's up to me. Now I need to take two values (open and closed tickets) and have them show up as slices of a pie graph or separate columns in a bar chart. Is this possible? Do I need apex code to accomplish this?

-Leonard