function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bozotheclownbozotheclown 

Sandbox Backup??

Hello.  I am working in a single sandbox - and ideally would like to periodically make a copy of my entire sandbox environment.  Does anyone know if a backup utility (for free or purchase) exists?  I ideally would like to be able to periodically back up my VF pages, Controllers, Workflows, etc. - just so I could revert back to previous versions if needed.  I know I could purchase an additional sandbox license...but I was curious if a backup utility existed similar to the data backup that salesforce.com offers.

I was not sure if this is even available - so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Ray DehlerRay Dehler

Yes, the force.com migration tool can accomplish this pretty easily -- and it's scriptable and free.  

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Migration_Tool_Guide

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks.

MurrayMurray

Yes there is a backup solution available for Sandbox, as well as all Salesforce Organizations that you manage. We provide cloud-to-cloud based automated daily backups of Salesforce (including Sandbox) and Chatter to unlimited Amazon S3 secure storage, eliminating the manually intensive weekly process of exporting and storing data on on-premise. 

We support Group, Professional, Enterprise (non-profit) and Unlimited editions, and you can activate backups for multiple salesforce organizations with a few simple clicks. Daily archives are retained for as long as you maintain your CloudAlly subscription so you can recover data from any point in time. 

And if you're a Google Apps user, we backup all domains associated with your Google Apps account as well. 

For more information and to signup for a free 15-day trial (no credit card required) visit www.cloudally.com or our listing on the Salesforce AppExchange

Murray Moceri

Marketing Director, CloudAlly