function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RakeebRakeeb 

How to create a managed package in Developer edition

Hi,i want create managed package in developer edition so how can i change developer setting for managed package  so kindly let me know the solution ASAP.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Go to setup > App Setup > Create > Packages > Edit Developer Settings (Please read all info given) > Continue > Provide your desired namespace (it will be unique) > Review My Selection > Create a new package and check the "Managed" checkbox.

You can not change the API names of object/fields etc after you include the components in the managed package, so go with managed package when you are sure that there is no change in the existing object model.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

guestdynamixguestdynamix

Hi,

As mentioned above, I have changed the developer settings to create a managed package. But now I would like to edit the developer settings. Can you please help me on this???

Regards.

Sriram GarnetiSriram Garneti
Ankit, 

Can you tell me when is the right time to give the namespace prefix to your components. Should we develop all the components first and then create a managed package with the prefix? Does this automatically add the prefix to my components. I want to know how the API names on my apex classes will get the namespace prefix automatically. Is that even possible?

Thanks!