function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manuel S.Manuel S. 

Custom Setting - Data Storage Limits Exceeded

Hi,

I try to create a custom setting.

The creation works, the creation of an custom field in it too.

But if i try to set a Default Organization Level Value, then I get the error message: "Data Storage Limits Exceeded, Additional Data Creation Not Allowed! ".

If I look on the startscreen of the custom settings it says:

"Percentage of custom settings data used: 0%
You are currently using 0 MB of custom settings data in your organization, out of an allowed limit of 2 MB."

I work in a developer org.

What is wrong ?

Thanks for help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Just check that your total data storage limit is not over.

Go to > Setup > Administration Setup > Company Profile > Company Information

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Just check that your total data storage limit is not over.

Go to > Setup > Administration Setup > Company Profile > Company Information

Thanks

Ankit Arora

This was selected as the best answer
Manuel S.Manuel S.

Thank you.

I delete some contacts.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Thanks Sir ..!!

this help was really helpful

Heath LHeath L

Is this supposed to be an answer to the problem? How does this help me fix it? What if I have not exceeded my data limits and I still get this message? Are file limits tied to this? What does this have to do with custom settings?

I am not sure that this solution is a solution at all. I am getting this message after a sandbox refresh when trying to create a custom setting. I have plenty of room for data. I am over for file storage.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I think if post creator marked it as solution then I think it is a solution :-)

He just asked that he is able to create the custom setting but not able to create the records, and was looking into wrong area to check the storage limit. Solution showed him where exactly he need to check for storage limit, which in end help him to identify that he need to delete some records.

Anyways, for your problem I need some more details, like:

1) Please send me the exact error you are getting and use case

2) Screenshot of your company profile where we can identify your storage limit.

If you are facing the same problem then am pretty sure that you've exceeded your storage limit. And to increase it, there are two ways:

1) Delete some records from other objects

2) Ask salesforce to increase your salesforce limit (for this you may need to pay more). I hope you are aware of license.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Manuel S.Manuel S.

@Heath L: I saw in Setup > Administration Setup > Company Profile > Company Information that my general company space was at 114% full so I deleted some Contacts (like I said one post after the solution) and than it works.

Kumar Saurav 10Kumar Saurav 10
Hi Manuel S.,

Are you still Looking for large file Storage in Salesforce..?
We got a solution for you…!

Here you may be interested in knowing about appexchange native app Cloud Drop which is having this feature.

For more details check:
http://www.clouddrop.io

Check Out the following URL for application:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0

Regards
Kumar Saurav”

Zakir MullaZakir Mulla
"Your company currently has exceeded its data storage limits including an extra overflow buffer. Per our terms and conditions, we cannot permit additional data creation within our system until your company first reduces its current data storage. Please contact your company's salesforce.com administrator to resolve this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "  I am using free edition salesforce my have't any salesforce account yet how can i solve this problem
Susan Harris 6Susan Harris 6
To see what is consuming the data in your org, go to Setup>Data>Storage Usage. If you find you need to delete data to get the org under the storage limit, you can use Storage Helper. It is an app that mass deletes records from any object in Salesforce. Install free from the AppExchange: http://goo.gl/s6HMah