function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IanM.ax485IanM.ax485 

HasOptedOutOfEmail in ASP Form Submit

Hi,

I'm trying to send information so that Leads can be created.  All the other fields (phone, email, first_name, etc.) are going through, but i can't seem to get HasOptedOutOfEmail working properly.

This is how the code is at the moment, inside the <form> tag:
<input name="HasOptedOutOfEmail" id="HasOptedOutOfEmail" type="hidden" value="<%=send_update_checkboxSF%>">

send_update_checkboxSF either has "true" or "false".

I even tried adding the following code, but still no luck:

<input name="HasOptedOutOfEmailSpecified" id="HasOptedOutOfEmailSpecified" type="hidden" value="true">

Please help~

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SteveBowerSteveBower

I'm presuming this is web-to-lead that you're talking about...

The field name on the *Contact* object is "HasOptedOutOfEmail, however the field to use on the web to lead form, as taken from the web-to-lead form generator, is:

<input  id="emailOptOut" name="emailOptOut" type="checkbox" value="1" />

Best, Steve.

All Answers

SteveBowerSteveBower

I'm presuming this is web-to-lead that you're talking about...

The field name on the *Contact* object is "HasOptedOutOfEmail, however the field to use on the web to lead form, as taken from the web-to-lead form generator, is:

<input  id="emailOptOut" name="emailOptOut" type="checkbox" value="1" />

Best, Steve.

This was selected as the best answer
IanM.ax485IanM.ax485
that worked!  thank you very much!
lisa@limao.com.brlisa@limao.com.br

Hello!

About : email unsubscribe / opt out 

I read that the salesforce: Managing email not entered
Companies that send marketing emails to customers and prospects need to have a way for recipients to unsubscribe. The following is an example of how an e-mail service can process requests for cancellation of registration. The code looks in the subject line of incoming e-mail the word "unsubscribe". If the word is found, the code will find all the contacts and leads that match the email address and define the field Refusal mail (HasOptedOutOfEmail) True.

But not understand how to apply. 

please, give an example in the text email, how should I do?

my business email is : lisangela.chiarelli@fretemania.com.br and my personal : lisa@limao.com.br