function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TTATTA 

Custom button and related list

Hi all,

I have got three custom objs called Child, Register and Club. The idea is to register children to clubs. To do that I need to create a child record first , I then, click New Club Register on the child object related list area. So far it works perfectly fine but when a child is required to register more than one clubs, I have to click on this New Club Register for more than once (Sometime I need to register a child to more than 14 clubs and it is getting tedious) .  

I thought if I can get a custom button next to New Club Register, once click on it a page will pop up giving all the available clubs. All I get to do is tick the correct clubs and click on register and all the registeration details will be listed on child object related list area.

Is it possible to do that? If it is could someone please guid me to the right direction?

Many thanks, 

TTATTA

I am sure I am not the only to have faced this sort of problem.

I wonder whether anyone out there would kindly point me to the right direction? Or even, some sort of tutorial on custom button. I have looked at salesforce help already but it doesn't lead me to anywhere.

Thanks, 

BTanyaviriyaBTanyaviriya

I am actually having this exact same problem and have not been able to find a solution.  I need a way to attach child related records to a parent, instead of having to go into each individual child and defining the parent.

I've been searching all day for a way around this!

TTATTA