function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC 

Entitlements 2.5.7

I'm unable to get this to function as I would hope. We track separate SLA's for contacts within the same account. When I click the New Case from Entitlement button it does not decrement the single incident that I defined in the support program.

Additional question:

Do we need to setup a separate support program for each Account? It seems to want a unique account name each time. This doesn't seem all that management to me when considering volume/scale.

werewolfwerewolf

It seems like you have a few questions here rolled into one.

We track separate SLA's for contacts within the same account.

This app doesn't really work that way -- it tracks SLAs on a per-account basis.

Do we need to setup a separate support program for each Account?

No, you can share one support program across multiple accounts.  Did you check out the documentation that came with it, specifically the Quick Start?  That discusses how to share a support program.

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC
Thanks, Werewolf. If this can't track separate SLA's for each contact under one account then it definitely isn't the right tool for us. Can you think of another way of tracking available incidents and auto-decrementing them when cases are created? I also need to track the history when an incident was used. Workflow writing to notes. I wish.
werewolfwerewolf

Well these are two different things. 

Tracking SLAs on a per-contact basis is just not something I've ever heard of -- what exactly do you mean by that?  Do you mean that you just want to track your SLAs on a per-case basis for each case that a contact files?  Or do you mean that you just have a set of named callers?  The Entitlements 2 app does both of those things.

Or do you mean that you literally have a different SLA, as in a different first response time, etc., for each contact?

As for the auto-decrementing, in Entitlements 2 if you turn on the "Case Pack" check box on an entitlement and give it a number of incidents, then it will auto-decrement that.

werewolfwerewolf

And this:

I also need to track the history when an incident was used.

This would actually be trivial -- look at the Cases related list off of Entitlement.

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC

So rather than use Person Accounts the company had decided to create an account called "Individual Consumer" to manage all of its B2C customers. Each separate customer is added as a contact under that account. (I know...) So I need to show when someone purchases a support incident and apply it to a ticket.

I tried to setup entitlement 2 with case pack checked, incidents remaining = 1, and renewal = 0. It will not auto-decrement when I create the case.

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC

This would actually be trivial -- look at the Cases related list off of Entitlement.

I meant if I were not using the Entitlements app this is something I would need to do...

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, but you'd want to have a similar structure anyway -- an Entitlement (or an Incident Pack or whatever) to which the Case is related, and so that related list would give you the history of incidents used on that pack.
werewolfwerewolf
Is the case linked to that entitlement properly?  You have to be sure to have the Entitlement lookup on your case edit page.  If the case doesn't know about the entitlement, it won't decrement it.
DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC
It is. I use the New Case from Entitlement button on the contact. On the case I see the entitlement list object.
werewolfwerewolf

You mean you see the Entitlement lookup?  Is it being prepopulated with the entitlement you chose from the contact page?

That's an unfortunate data model to apply to individuals btw -- that will make things more difficult here.

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC

I've put the entitlement objects referenced on the documentation into the case layout page.

Entitlement

Entitlement First Response

Entitlement Actual First Response

Entitlement Resolve Time

It's not getting populated

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC

Ok, WW, you were right in that I was populating the settings with the wrong ID number. When I went into the case field Entitlement there was a different ID Number. I'm using the new ID now.

I've created a support program with some simple hours for P1 & P2 using the Named Caller Support Program record type

I added an entitlement called SingleIncident

It is set as the default

Case Pack is checked

Cases remaining is 1

Renewal is 0

I added a test contact as a program contact.

I opened up the contract's details screen and I do see 1 support case remaining.

I click on New case from Entitlement

I create a case, and save it.

I look back at the contact and it still says one case remaining.

The entitlement shows that the case is logged against it on the entitlement details screen. But it still does not subtract 1 from the case remaining. I tried closing the ticket, but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

werewolfwerewolf

Is this entitlement associated with a support program which is associated with a single account?

There are 2 ways to attach an SP to an account: you can either associate the account to the SP, or the SP to the account.  If you want to do a case pack, you have to associate the SP to that account, because then you're saying "this support program applies only to this account, and it is therefore safe to decrement its entitlements."  If the association is the other way around then it will assume that the SP is shared and won't decrement the entitlements.

DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC

It should be the definition of a support program available to any contact in Salesforce. If they purchase an incident then I want to reflect entitlement to one incident in the contact's record.