function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
geis6geis6 

How to make case views dependant on who is looking at them

A current problem I has is that I need to make a case view (i have many) show different cases bases on what level of skill a particular user has.

I can not use profiles, as this group of users all belong to the same profile.

Example:

View A is showinf cases in Queue A

Queue A contains cases for products 1, 2 and 3

I have two analysts, one is proficient with products 1 and 2, the other analyst is proficient with products 2 and 3.

How do I make the view dynamic and show only cases with product 1 and 2 to the first analyst and only cases with product 2 and 3 to the other, allowing them both to see product #2?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ward

aalbertaalbert

If you can't use the page layout assignment and record types (which it sounds like you can't due to the granular level of control you want), then you can use Visualforce pages to dynamic render the Case details based off who is logged in or accessing the page.

werewolfwerewolf
Do you really care what products they can see, or just cases they can see?  You could use a sharing model plus Apex Managed Sharing to control that access.  Look up the docs on Apex Managed Sharing for info on that.
geis6geis6

Werewolf,

Isn't Apex Managed Sharing only available for custom objects?

"Apex managed sharing is only available for custom objects." from Help

Cases wouldn't apply here would it?

Cheers,

Ward

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, you're right, I misspoke in invoking Apex managed sharing, but you can still create manual shares with Apex triggers.