function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
universekkkuniversekkk 

Help! Both bcc to Salesforce and Gmail to Salesforce don't work

Hiya,

I am new to Salesforce and still struggling with it. I have two issues need your kind help.

In order to record all email conversations with our contacts in salesforce, we are trying to use the bcc to Salesforce and Gmail to Salesforce functions but none of them worked.

• Bcc to Salesforce: I (as the system admin) activated the email to Salesforce from setup and every user received a email. After that, we added our own email addresses in the 'My Acceptable Email Address' and finished all the settings in 'My Email to Salesforce'. But when we sent emails to contacts in Salesforce and bcc to the long unique email address generated by salesforce, the contacts received the emails but nothing appeared in Salesforce, no activity history and no task whatsoever.

• Gmail to Salesforce: I activiated the 'Gmail to Salesforce' and 'Gmail Buttons and Links' functions. Now I can see a Gmail icon next to all contacts' email addresses. When I click it, a new email opened with the unique bcc address in the bcc field. I sent out the mail and the contact received it successfully but there was nothing appeared in my Salesforce activity history and task. Some of my colleagues tested it too and none of them got their activities recorded in the Salesforce.

At least 5 of my colleagues tested the two functions respectively (followed the instruction from salesforce step by step) and they all failed.

It will be much appreciated if anyone could give me some suggestions.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

They do really work -- they both work for me.  In fact, after BCCing my E2S address on an email, I get a success message that says:

Congratulations, you have successfully used the Email to Salesforce feature. Your email was added to the following record(s):

https://na1.salesforce.com/0033000000UI8D7

Could it be that you have some email filter that's killing that BCC or something?

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Might you perhaps have some sort of validation rules on Activity that are preventing these tasks from getting created in Salesforce.com?
universekkkuniversekkk
I didn't set any validation rules unless it is the default setting in salesforce? Any suggestion where I can check to figure it out? Thanks a lot!
werewolfwerewolf

Validation Rules will be under Setup-Customize-Activity.

Another idea would be to turn on the debug log for yourself at Setup-Debug-Monitoring, then try to BCC an email to yourself and see if anything shows up there.

universekkkuniversekkk

I checked the validation rules and there is nothing there. I also add a new debug log under my name but after I sent out the bcc email, nothing logged in it as well as the activity history...

Do this bcc and gmail functions really work? What I should do now....

BTW, I logged a case in salesforce and they just don't reply at all... 

werewolfwerewolf

They do really work -- they both work for me.  In fact, after BCCing my E2S address on an email, I get a success message that says:

Congratulations, you have successfully used the Email to Salesforce feature. Your email was added to the following record(s):

https://na1.salesforce.com/0033000000UI8D7

Could it be that you have some email filter that's killing that BCC or something?

This was selected as the best answer
universekkkuniversekkk
Werewolf, you are a genius!!! I tried with my personal email address and it worked! It seems down to my company email settings and I will go to IT to find a solution. Thank you very much! You are definitely much much better than salesforce customer service dep. I logged a case on May. 5 and nobody has looked at my case till now. I highly doubt whether that is a fake dep.
universekkkuniversekkk

Hi Werewolf, sorry I have another question need to bother you hope you don't mind...

After I activated the Gmail Button and Links function, I can see a Gmail icon next to all contacts' emails and if i click, a gmail page will open with the unique email address at the bcc blank. However, all emails are sent out via our info mailbox rather than the user's mailbox. Me and another admin didn't do any setting to make it like this but we don't know whether a previous admin who has left did this. Is there any way I can change this setting to make all emails go out from the user's mail address?

werewolfwerewolf
Usually it does that by default -- maybe the users have set their My Email Settings? (Setup-Personal Setup)
FC508FC508

If you want to skip set up of Email to Salesforce, we make an app called Cirrus Insight that enables Gmail users to  log received and outbound emails to Salesforce with one click. 

It's the top ranked integration between Salesforce and Gmail on the AppExchange:

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004fnkUEAQ

It's a quick and easy 30-second install and we have a 30-day free trial:

http://www.cirrusinsight.com/free-trial/

Send & Add to Salesforce from Gmail

thecloudgizmosteamthecloudgizmosteam

Hello there!  If you are interested in a tighter integration between Gmail and Salesforce, feel free to check out our latest  app, The Scoop Composer .  Instantly logging your emails in Salesforce as you send them within Gmail is just one of the features that might make it easier for your organizations to track conversations very easily in both systems.  You can also instantly create Leads and Contacts in Salesforce from within Gmail, and view any historical conversations you have had with this Prospect/Customer at the bottom of every email.  Anyway, I hope this helps!  Don't hesitate to give us a shout out if  you need anything.  Regards, Rachel