function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jucuzoglujucuzoglu 

Deployment taking longer than usual for anyone else?

I have noticed on Friday afternoon and currently now (Monday morning) that deploying a single file is taking a very long time via my Eclipse. I'd day its taking nearly 10min for a single deploy that I am used to taking less than 90 seconds in the past. I am on NA6 and the polling server seems to be na6-api.salesforce.com.

Anyone else noticing slowdowns in general when trying to deploy? If you are noticing increased sluggishness are you on NA6 by chance?

Thanks in advance for your comments

jucuzoglujucuzoglu

Update

I decided to Delete the Eclipse project and create it as new.

At first things look liked they were working better (Got to Step 3 of 4 fairly quickly where as it used to take around 10min). However as I write this the last step is taking very significant amounts of time to deploy, perhaps the servers are utilized most on Friday afternoons/Monday mornings? Could it be a bad tenannt?

Whatever it is (my Elipse, server issues etc...) it's really limiting productivity. Any advice on things I can check to try and narrow down what is causing the slowdown would be appriciated.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Whenever i deploy apex code, it generally takes me around 14-18 minutes. If the deploy doesnt include apex code, and just vf pages / components etc, then it is failry quick (less than a minute).

Thanks.

PGMasonPGMason

When apex classes are being uploaded, then SF checks code coverage, and executes all test classes. This might be the reason for taking more time for apex classes then vf pages.

jucuzoglujucuzoglu

Update

Its around 1:30 PM PST and individual APEX class deployments are now back to the average for my deployments (around 3min or so).

I wonder if the issue was with the server and has been resolved or if Fridays/Mondays are indeed peak periods of usage. Has anyone noticed deployments taking longer at certain times of the day/week etc.... possibly related to overall usage?

If so any particular trends you can share (so I can hopefully avoid the busy times in the future).