function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JThomasJThomas 

Project refresh time quadrupled after Winter 12 update to my sandbox

I was able to refresh my entire sandbox project last week in about 5-6 minutes.  Now it's taking 25-30 minutes for the same project.  This is a huge hit to my productivity.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a remedy coming soon for this issue?  Refreshing production project still takes only 5-6 minutes, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the Winter 12 update.

Thanks.

SomeshSomesh

Hi JThomas,

Did you do a refresh on the project or the src folder?

are you seeing this consistenly?.If you don't want to redo the operation in the  IDE, you could try doing the same retrieve with the Force.com MigrationTool using the package.xml that you see in the IDE project.

I would also suggest creating a support case with, so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Somesh

JThomasJThomas

Hello Somesh,

Thanks for the reply.  This is occuring when I refresh from the src folder as well and when creating a new project with the same assets.  This is consistent on our cs4 sandboxes that have been updated to Winter 12.  The cs2 sandbox that wasn't updated to Winter 12 doesn't have this issue.  Nor does my production project.

If I get some time, I'll take a look at the migration tool.  In the mean time, I will submit a support case.

Thanks.

SomeshSomesh

you could also try a retrieve with this. 

https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php

JThomasJThomas

I haven't tried the migration tool yet, but I did try workbench.  It takes just as long with workbench as it does refreshing from the IDE.

SomeshSomesh

Hi JThomas,

Can you please confirm if this issue is resolved for you. If not can you please email me with the support case you opened. you'll find my email address in my profile.

Thanks

JThomasJThomas

Hello Somesh,

I sent you a private message from your profile page with the case number in it quite a while ago, but I haven't heard anything back.  Please let me know if you've received that email.  Also, any news on why objects are taking much longer to refresh after the winter 12 update?

Thanks

SomeshSomesh

I am sorry to have missed it. Can you resend please.

The retrieve was slow because profile retrieves were taking longer than necessary and I believe the issue has since been fixed.

JThomasJThomas

Hey Somesh,

Since sending the message the other way didn't seem to work, I'll just post it here.  The case # is 06266009.  Unfortunately, we don't add profiles to our projects, so that isn't the issue we are seeing.  We've pretty much nailed it down to objects taking much longer than before Winter 12.  Everything else seems to refresh at about the same speed.

Thanks for looking into this.