function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mdavis.ax765mdavis.ax765 

Data loader into a custom object with Master-detail relationship with another custom object

Goal:

Upload multiple transactions from a separate source system via the data loader per "Master" record via a unique (external ID) 6 digit code that is generated from our separate source system.

Background:

We created a custom object called "Customers" which is separate from the out of the box Account object (we had to do this...). On each of these records there is a customer number i.e. 132543 that is unique to each one.

We created a 2nd custom object called Invoices that has a field that links to customers in a Master-Detail relationship. This field that links it is the Customer Number field. 

We need to import Invoices into Salesforce via the data loader that routes the appropriate (multiple) invoices to the appropriate customers, via the customer number

Issue:

When we are using the data loader it will only allow one invoice record to be imported per customer number.

Has anyone hit this issue? What should I look for in my setup? Any documentation out there to help?

Many thanks,

Mike

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Did you associate your invoices with correct Customers id's (salesforce id's)?

Thanks.