function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaxdmasterjaxdmaster 

Document uploadation

Hi Guys,

What does it mean by Internal Use Only and Externally Available Image when we upload some document.

And what happens if i dont check either of  them.

Thanks

SabrentSabrent

As per Documentation -

Internal Use OnlyA checkbox that indicates if the document is confidential. The Internal Use Only and Externally Available Image checkboxes are mutually exclusive; you cannot select both.
Externally Available ImageA checkbox that indicates if the document is an image available for HTML email templates, such as a logo in a letterhead, and does not require a Salesforceusername and password to view in an email.

This checkbox indicates if the document is an image used as a custom app logo or custom tab icon, which require a Salesforce username and password to view.

The Internal Use Only and Externally Available Image checkboxes are mutually exclusive; you cannot select both.

jaxdmasterjaxdmaster

What if I dont select either? I also tried one case in which I had uploaded an image as standard user with external image checkbox checked. But when I logged in as system admin and tried to change logo. The image simply did not appear. What could be the reason for that.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Were you able to see the logo document when you logged in as system admin? If you dint find it, make sure the logo document is stored in shared documents folder (not in any personal folders).

Thanks.

SabrentSabrent

jaxdmaster wrote:

What if I dont select either? I also tried one case in which I had uploaded an image as standard user with external image checkbox checked. But when I logged in as system admin and tried to change logo. The image simply did not appear. I haven't tried what happens if either is not selected.What could be the reason for that.

I haven't tried what happens if either is not selected.

In the case you have explained -

it could be that the logo is in the Standard User's Personal Folder,

it could be the format or size.

EIE50EIE50

Nothing would happen if you dont select both the options. The image just wont show up when you try to access it.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Externally Available Image

OFF

ON

Internal Use Only

OFF

This image is stored in the system. Users with access to the folder can see the document, and download or email it. Authorization and authentication is required.

You can right-click on the image, copy its’ URL, and use that link in an email or on any website, and anyone anywhere in the world can see and download the image, without authorization or authentication.

ON

This image is stored in the system. Authorization and authentication is required. This box “suggests” to users that they should not send it to external contacts, but does not actively prevent users from doing so.

Cannot be selected; Internal Use Only prevents Externally Available Image from being checked, while Externally Available Image prevents Internal Use Only from being checked.

As you can see, the boxes are mutually exclusive, although Internal Use Only has very little effect except to restrict Externally Available Image. From a functionality standpoint, using neither box is in essence about the same as checking Internal Use Only; the only difference is that users are made aware of the fact that the author deemed that file to be for company use only instead of disseminating its' contents.

SabrentSabrent

Thanks sfdcfox for the awesome explanation. I wish i could explain like you.

KapavariVenkatramanaKapavariVenkatramana
Good Info