function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedSalesRedSales 

WebLinks In Force.Com IDE Not Displaying Home Page Component Custom Links

Hello,

I am currently in the process of trying to data remedaite URL's within our SFDC environment.  Using the Force.com IDE I thought I would be able to search within WebLinks or Components to find and replace the links I need to change.

I note there are links on my Home Page Components > Custom Links which do not appear within the "weblinks" or "components" in my Force.Com IDE.  Do you know where these would be stored therefore within the IDE?  I want to make sure I do not miss any links in my environment which i need changing.  Should Custom Links not exist within WebLinks?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nylonnylon

Hi,

I noticed something.

RedSales wrote:

I note there are links on my Home Page Components > Custom Links which do not appear within the "weblinks" or "components" in my Force.Com IDE.

In setup menu, custom links are in Customize > Home > Custom Links, and it's home page custom components which you see in Customize > Home > Home Page Components.

So, by any chance do you mean not custom links but home page custom components? If so, they are in homePageComponents folder in the IDE.

All Answers

nylonnylon

Hi,

Usually Custom Links are stored in 'weblinks' node.

Are you sure you selected those components to be synced after you created them?

If not, see 'Project Synchronization' section in the following article.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force_IDE

RedSalesRedSales

Hi nylon, thanks for the feedback. Yes I chose to synch the components after selecting them. I will look into this further to determine if the problem continues.

RedSalesRedSales

Hello,  On checking this again the same problem occurs. The Custom Links in the home page do not appear in the weblinks which I have refreshed from the server.  I wonder if they appear in a different category under the IDE?

nylonnylon

Hi,

I noticed something.

RedSales wrote:

I note there are links on my Home Page Components > Custom Links which do not appear within the "weblinks" or "components" in my Force.Com IDE.

In setup menu, custom links are in Customize > Home > Custom Links, and it's home page custom components which you see in Customize > Home > Home Page Components.

So, by any chance do you mean not custom links but home page custom components? If so, they are in homePageComponents folder in the IDE.

This was selected as the best answer