function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
emsegal.weemsegal.we 

A new application?

I have a client who wants to use Salesforce for two completely different things - one group will use one set of tables (objects), and the other group will use another set of tables. There is no interaction between to two sets of functionality.

One set of functionality is already developed and working. The other is my job.

Should I just create new objects and pages inthe existing application, and then set up profiles so that one group sees their stuff, and the other group sees their stuff? Or should I create two completely different applications?

If the latter, how do I get to a screen with an essentially blank application. When I click on the link to create a new applicatication, I just get sent to developer.force page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kevoharakevohara

Keep in mind that an application is really just a set of tabs...thats all.  My suggestion would be to build your objects, tabs, etc and put them into an application for the new group.  This will keep things cleaner and will give that group a tailored look for their Salesforce exprerience.  Then create profiles to limit these new people to the elements in your new application.