function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
khaitankhaitan 

Able to save the record without entering value for required field.

Hi,

I have a page layout associated to the object where a particular field had been made Required. Pl mark that the field is made required at Page Layout and not at Object.

There are 2 different profiles who can access this object and both use the same page layout for the object.

Profile 1 has the above required field hidden and profile 2 has this field visible.

When the user of Profile 1 tries to create a record, he obviously would not be able to enter the value for the field. But, by the virtue of the field being required on the page, he should be thrown an error when he saves the record. But I notice that the system allows him to save the record though he had not entered the value for this field.

Is this the expected behaviour. Can anyone pls help me why it behaves this way.

Thanks.

raseshtcsraseshtcs

I think this is expected as the field is hidden from the profile level for the user so he has no access to it. The access level which is more restrictive will be applied.

gotherthanthougotherthanthou

Succinctly, because the user does not have even read-only access to the field, the field does not even appear on the page.  It's not hidden, it's just not there.  If it's not there, it can't apply it's page-level "required-ness".