function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
peterg012peterg012 

Hardware Request Process Design

Hi,

I am looking at building a hardware request process in SFDC.  Currently I have the following objects and relationships:-

- A - Hardware Request/s

- B - Hardware Request Item/s (Master-Detail relationship to Hardware Request (A) & Hardware Item (C))

- C - Hardware Item/s

So currently after creating a "Hardware Request" you can select "New Hardware Request Item", this is to add hardware items to the request.

Now for my question.  I would like to create a new object to hold e.g. "Computer Sets" e.g. (i5 Laptop, i7 Laptop etc.). Additionally I would like to create an object to hold e.g. "LCD Sets" e.g. (17" LCD, 19" LCD etc.).   When a user selects "New Hardware Request Item" it starts a wizard type dialog where they first select the "Hardware Type" e.g. (Laptop, LCD etc.) then the relevant item from the sets which is then added to the "Hardware Request as a "Hardware Request Item".

Is this possible, if so how do I store this in the "Hardware Request Object"?  I suspect I am going have to create a custom button that lauches a visualforce page on the "New Hardware Request Item" related list.

Thanks

Peter