function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RevJoelRevJoel 

How to Turn off Email Notification when Accepting Queue Cases

I always thought this was silly. Why on earth would I want to receive an email to notify me that I have (myself) accepted ownership of a queue case? Does anyone know how to turn this off?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

A notification that you have accepted a queue case? Hmmm either that is because you leave the "Notify User" check box checked when taking ownership, or you have a workflow in place.

Here is a great button that we created, its a on-click java that sits on the detail page called "Take Case". It automatically assigned the user who click on the case as the owner and takes them to the edit screen of the case.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}

var caseObj = new sforce.SObject("Case");
caseObj.Id = '{!Case.Id}';
caseObj.OwnerId = '{!$User.Id}';
var result = sforce.connection.update([caseObj]);

if (result[0].success=='false') {
alert(result[0].errors.message);
} else {
window.parent.location.href="/{!Case.Id}/e?retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}";
}

RevJoelRevJoel

All we have is the default "Accept" button. When you click the checkboxes for cases in a queue that you want to take ownership of, then click Accept, it changes ownership to you and sends an email notification to you that you are now the owner. This is default functionality in Salesforce. We do not have workflow (because we are on Professional Edition) and it is not a custom button. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply and assistance!