function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YogeshAroraYogeshArora 

How to customize "Schedule Follow up Task" section in "New Task"

Hi All,

I want to customize Follow up Task section, which appears up on the click of "New Task" button.

If I remove followup=1 from the URL, the complete section doesnt appear. But I want that some custom fields should not appear in Follow up task section but they should appear in New Task section. 

In the below screenshot, Reason for Call is a custom field. I want to remove only this field from the Schedule Follow up Task section while the remaining section is still visible.

AmitSahuAmitSahu

You may try using JavaScipt to hide the fields on this page.. I dont thing the page layout for this is customizable.

YogeshAroraYogeshArora

Hi,

Can we use Javascript for a standard page in Salesforce.  Or do I need to make a Visualforce page to write Javascript for it ?

STest123STest123

VisualForce Page:- 

<apex:page controller="Test" id="p1">

<apex:form id="f1">

<script>

function check()
{
document.getElementById('p1:f1:button2').style.display='none';
}

</script>

<apex:commandbutton id="button1" value="Button1" onclick="check()" />

<apex:commandbutton id="button2" value="Button2" />

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Here is a simple examples when we click on button 1  then Button 2 is to be automatically hide from page. you can help from this code for solve your problem you can hide any of the thing by these procedure . .

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Jonathan Meltzer 8Jonathan Meltzer 8
"If I remove followup=1 from the URL, the complete section doesnt appear"

This is actually what I want - how do you get the "followup=1" out of the URL that is used when the "Log a Call" button is pressed?