+ Start a Discussion
Girish JoshiGirish Joshi 

Win 7 IE8 - Login Page Issue

Hello All - Hope someone can help with the issue I am facing. A few users in my org have recently got Win 7 IE 8 update. After that, when they go to login.salesforce.com and enter credentials, SFDC does not allow the access. But when they open a new IE tab or window and then try to login again, it works. It is happening to many people, but not all. We tried deleting cookies, passwords etc, but that did not help. Has any one had similar problems? If so, how was it fixed? Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Girish
Deepika GulatiDeepika Gulati

Hello,

 

I am Facing the Same Issue.

When few users click on a Custom Button that renders the VF page, the user is Logged out of the application and they have to login again to go back to the same page.

 

Please find a Solution to this.

 

Thanks In Advance

RovRov

Two options you could try -

1. Add https://login.salesforce.com to the Trusted Sites (Interet Options > Security > Trusted Site)

2. If the above doesn't solve the problem you can find a fix on microsoft support, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444

Girish JoshiGirish Joshi

Thanks for the information. The site is trusted. From Microsoft support steps, I tried all steps expect restore to previous point and run scannow (I am not admin). However, all other steps did not resolve the issue.

 

Thanks,

Girish.

RovRov

Did you try other browsers?

Girish JoshiGirish Joshi

Yes, I tried Firefox and it works with Firefox. But, IE is standard browser for Organization. Probably something wrong with IE settings. If I recollect, this is limited to IE8, but not sure.

 

Thanks,

Girish.

RovRov

If you haven't gone through this, worth a try..

 

Configuring Internet Explorer

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/getstart_browser_ie.htm

 

the first line says 'Salesforce.com strongly recommends using Internet Explorer version 9 over versions 6, 7, and 8. Apply all Microsoft® hotfixes.'


Girish JoshiGirish Joshi

Thanks again. Tried the configuration part and everything was set right already. I will keep you posted if we get the solution. May be IE 9 is the solution.

 

Thanks,

Girish.