function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Frank_LopezFrank_Lopez 

Oldest supported Sforce SOAP API version?

As of today, what is the oldest supported Sforce SOAP API version?

Is there any chance that v2 is still supported?

DevAngelDevAngel
We support nigh on every version that has ever been published.  By support, I mean that the endpoints still exist and the functionality that was available when the version was published is still present.

As a practical matter, you will not get much help if you try to use 2.0 of the SOAP api.  That is the most difficult version to use and is very much not worth the effort. 

Why do you want to use an old version?
Frank_LopezFrank_Lopez
I'm looking at how Salesforce.com objects map between the XML-RPC 2.0 API and the SOAP v7.0 API, and I'm debating whether or not to try and use an earlier SOAP API to make the transition to the SOAP API easier.  For example, the XML-RPC 2.0 documentation explains the XML-RPC and SOAP ways of doing things.

adamgadamg
Trust us, you'll be MUCH happier if you use the latest API.  Its much easier to use.
Frank_LopezFrank_Lopez
Using XML-RPC v2.0, when I describe an object type, I would also get layout information.  And for each object type, there is one layout with the name "default".

Using the SOAP v7 API, what do I need to do to determine the same default layout information for each object type?

JesterJester
I could tell you, but honestly, this could be so easily answered through 10 secs of looking at the api documentation.

http://www.sforce.com/us/docs/sforce70/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm