function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kmorf_entransformkmorf_entransform 

pop up window

how do i make a pop up window after pointing or clicking on something. for example there is a table with a list of  customers. if you hover your mouse over customer name or click on cutomer name, a pop up window will apear showing information about that customer.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
abivenkatabivenkat

hi kmorf_entransform,

1. Put the customer name as a command link inside ur table. 

2. design ur pop up window in a separate visual force page and write ur functionality code in its controller class.

3. now u have to call the visual force page in that command link's 'onclick' event using javascript like 

window.showmodalpopup('\apex\ ur VF page ', [u can able to set the height, width and other attributes here by comma separator]  )

4. place a button named as 'Close' and in its onclick event, call a javascript function [ write as self.close() or window.close()] to close the pop up window once after viewing the content in that pop up..

Hope this helps. If u find this post useful to u, please mark as a solution...

thanks,

abivenkat.

All Answers

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

jQuery would be useful to achieve that..

abivenkatabivenkat

hi kmorf_entransform,

1. Put the customer name as a command link inside ur table. 

2. design ur pop up window in a separate visual force page and write ur functionality code in its controller class.

3. now u have to call the visual force page in that command link's 'onclick' event using javascript like 

window.showmodalpopup('\apex\ ur VF page ', [u can able to set the height, width and other attributes here by comma separator]  )

4. place a button named as 'Close' and in its onclick event, call a javascript function [ write as self.close() or window.close()] to close the pop up window once after viewing the content in that pop up..

Hope this helps. If u find this post useful to u, please mark as a solution...

thanks,

abivenkat.

This was selected as the best answer
kmorf_entransformkmorf_entransform

how could i make it so when i hover the mouse over some field it would display a bubble pop up that is a component

abivenkatabivenkat

hi kmorf_entransform,

please apply this code lik the below example to perform in onmouse hover event, 

<Script language="JavaScript">

function openWindow(Parameters){

Your Code

}

function closeIt(){

if (!myWin.closed)

myWin.self.close()

}

</script><a href="javascript&colon;void()"   onmouseover="openWindow()"   onmouseout="closeIt()"   onClick="return false"><b>EXAMPLE</b></a>

If u do mouse hover on the word example, popup will open and closed while u mouse out of the word..

if u find this post useful to u, please mark as a solution to help others also..

thanks,

abivenkat

Kumaresan M 2Kumaresan M 2
Hi Guys,

I also have this kind of functions in my VF page. I used onmouseover event and onmoiuseout events to do. But what is to do if i want to stay back in popup section to see something once i hover on it. The popup is getting hidden as soon as i am moving out of that element. 

Please help me if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
Kumarsan M