function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jcgt71jcgt71 

Creation of New Panel from Imported Data( Excel file )

Hi All, 

I'm new on Sales Force.com, basically I've several Excel Files, and I want to import those files in order to create a new report, and then, a new panel.

Which is the right procedure to do that?

Because I'm only able to see info and wizards to import contact Info.

Thanks in advance & Regards.

Joan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
grimviewgrimview

Based on your description you need to first generate your report on one excel file and figure out your mapping to relate the objects propperly. You can then create any needed fields and objects. Then you need api access if you don't have atleast enterprise edition. The salesforce import wizard won't link up the objects. You can really mess up your data, if you don't know what you are doing. If you need someone to help you I've done this alot. eric@thylaksoft.com

All Answers

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Take a look at Cloud Converter from Model Metrics.

It allows you to easily upload data from Excel into Salesforce, and its free / open-source.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I forgot to mention you can take a look at the Custom Object Import Wizard built into Salesforce.

In Salesforce, click Setup -> Data Management -> Import Custom Objects.

grimviewgrimview

Based on your description you need to first generate your report on one excel file and figure out your mapping to relate the objects propperly. You can then create any needed fields and objects. Then you need api access if you don't have atleast enterprise edition. The salesforce import wizard won't link up the objects. You can really mess up your data, if you don't know what you are doing. If you need someone to help you I've done this alot. eric@thylaksoft.com

This was selected as the best answer