function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mattias NordinMattias Nordin 

Is it possible to mix different editions of sf within the same org?

Only a few of my users needs to have the unlimited version. Some need to have professional. Can i mix the two in the same organisation?

jhurstjhurst

N0.  Each org can only have one Edition.  

You may want to look into the different license types.  If your users only need a limited set of functionality, then an Unlimited Edition with Salesforce.com Licenses for your "power users" and a lower license for your "normal users" may suit your needs.

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&loc=help&target=users_understanding_license_types.htm%23topic-title

Hope this helps.

Jay

Mattias NordinMattias Nordin

Im not sure that i understand correctly. I have read the  "Viewing user license types"-document.

Is the cost related to the "Edition" or to the "User license" or both?

If we want to have 100 users using the "Salesforce"-user license and 100 users using the "Salesforce platform"-user license will that be cheaper then running 200 users using the "SalesForce"-user license?

jhurstjhurst

Yes, it should be cheaper to have 100 of each than 200 of the single Salesforce.com User License.

For specific information about pricing, please ocntact your Account Executive.

Hope this helps.

Jay

grimviewgrimview

Though they won't mix unlimited and profesional on the same org, there is no limit to the number of orgs you can have. meaning you need to sign up twice and use salesforce to saleforce to conect the 2 orgs. where one org has all prof and the other has all unlimited. let me know if you want to talk more eric@thylaksoft.com