function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NANCY1NANCY1 

Urgent: Lead Conversion

Hi,

I want to convert leads to an opportunity. Please let us know how to map between the Lead's Custom Fields to Opportunities Standard fields and Lead's Standard Fields with Opportunities Custom Fields.

Thanks

iffuiffu

Refer to this material http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_convertlead.htm

When you are satisfied, please help community by replying to this thread as solved.

super developersuper developer

In Setup--->Customize----->Lead---->customize--->there are 2 buttons 1.one for creation of new Field and 2. Map fields(there you can map custom fields from lead to opportunity).

NANCY1NANCY1

Hi,

Thanks for this. But Map fields button works only for Custom Lead fields and Custom Opportunity fields. This does not works for Standard fields.

Please let me know how can i map between standard fields??

Idd BaksheeshIdd Baksheesh

Oh yes, usign standard layout you cannot map with the standard fields. You will have to write a Apex trigger on Lead update to do so.

Let me know if you need pseudo code.

NANCY1NANCY1

Hi,

Please provide me the pseudo code. Thanks

BeeddiskShahBeeddiskShah

This I had posted in another forum but applies here as well...

To do so, you will have to write a APEX trigger on lead object. if you are unfamiliar with APEX, suggest you study the cookbook or hire a consultant with Apex experience to do it.

If you are comfortable with APEX the following steps will point you in the direction.

1. Upon lead conversion a Update Lead trigger is fired.

2. The lead has a hidden checkbox isConverted which is checked.

3. The following fields give access to the Account, Opportunity and contact of the lead.

ConvertedAccountId, ConvertedOpportunityId and ConvertedContactId 

4. You can use SOQL and DML to fetch and update the custom object.

The reply was originally posted on

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/New-to-Cloud-Development/Conversion-Options/m-p/255427#M1656