function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salmaarafasalmaarafa 

Change Sender Email

Hi,

I'm a bit new to Salesforce.com.

I'm trying to change the sender email and name for any email notification that is being sent out from salesforce in case of an auto-assignmenet, auto-response or workflow scenario.

Is there a way to configure this in Salesforce without having to write any apex code?

Thanks,

Salma

kevoharakevohara

Yes, under Setup -> Email Administration check out Organization-Wide Email Addresses.  

salmaarafasalmaarafa

But this doesn't allow me to change/edit the email address and the name of the sender in case of assignment rules and escalation rules. This sender email address seems to be already set to sfdc sys and I would like to change that.

As for the Organization-Wide Email Addresses feature, it is different from what I need. It allows me to create a generic email address for a certain group of people and widespread emails to them.

Thanks,

Salma

Idd BaksheeshIdd Baksheesh

You need to change the "sender" email address. Thats interesting. I don't think its possible even with code.

Should digg around this, do let me also know if you come across any solution in the meanwhile i'll also digg around but as of now i don't think its possible.