function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
james1986james1986 

deploying sandbox code/objects

hi,

I have a bunch of objects and code in my sandbox. I've written test methods have have 100% coverage on my code, and everything seems fine.

There's just one problem. When I goto deploy, I run into a bunch of errors. Most of the errors have to do with dependancies: not being able to deploy a child object because there is no master object for it to look for, not being able to deploy master objects because there are no child objects to base roll-up summaries on, not being able to deploy formulas because the fields they reference are not installed yet.

Any idea how I should proceed? Having to re-create all my objects in the production environemnt to get around these dependancies seems like a pretty aweful prospect.

thanks

James

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
james1986james1986

I was deploying all at once using Force.com IDE.

Turns out there were conflicts with the sandbox objects and objects that I deleted from my production environment. After erasing them from the trashcan, those objects would transfer OK.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

How are you deploying the objects?  It sounds like you are trying to push them out one at a time rather than as a complete set.

james1986james1986

I was deploying all at once using Force.com IDE.

Turns out there were conflicts with the sandbox objects and objects that I deleted from my production environment. After erasing them from the trashcan, those objects would transfer OK.

This was selected as the best answer