function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LouisoLouiso 

ask for CTI setting

I am new here.  Please if anyone know, do i need to set up any thing esle on CTI system ( not existing CTI adapter) to connect the CTI system to plug into the CTI adapter?  In this case, I have to develop the CTI adapter to connect with the Seimens CTI system. As my beginner knowladge, I think developing the adapter and install into the manchine without any extra configurations ( except in the Developer Guide) is Ok. Am I right? 

for better understand,

Develop the Adapter (full support CTI system functions)  --> deploy the adapter --> install in the machine  ---> that is it ???

please reply, Thank you in advance.

GoldwinGoldwin

You can find some existing adaptor in appexchange itself. they will setup the CTI interface for you.

Otherwise you need to develop own CTI adaptor based on the requirement. you can find documents in wiki.

LouisoLouiso

May i ask you again.... if i use the toolkit provided by salesforce.com and modify for plug the adapter in to the Seimens Hipath. Is it possible to do that?  or It is better to use the existing one in Appexchange?  I am completely in the dark.... to develop this new technology (for me) please advise. 

GoldwinGoldwin

I would say using the exisitng add on in appechange is the best option. based on you requirement contact the vendors. they will give you them demo on their products. 

If you are comfortable with that, then proceed.

LouisoLouiso

So if i decide to develop by using the existing one in appexchange.  what would i need to have for connection of the existing apdater (to modify) code and the CTI system hardware for the configuration? I have had a SDK programming guide of the CTI system in hand.....Is it a useful infomation for development of CTI adapter?  goldwin, you siad "they will setup the CTI interface for you" the interface you meant is the cti adapter interface or the cti system interface? and what would i have to deal with it.

Sorry for many questions.  I need to clear my understanding on those problems.

GoldwinGoldwin

Lousio,

If you are decided to use existing addon in appexchange, you do not need to develop anything. They will provide you the interface that may be the system interface or interface within the salesforce [will not require any tool on the client machine] based the vendor.

If you are planning to use any hardware instead of softphone, they will assist you on this too. before that you must be clear with what you require like:

- whether it is a inbound or outbound callcenter.

- how many seats required?

- where the caller resides?

- where the support agent resides?

- what is the existing environment available?

Prepare all those requirement clearly, then contact vendor from appaexchange they will guide you on this.

If you want to develop your own adapter, I am not sure about the possibility and the amount of effort required.

LouisoLouiso

Thank you so much goldwin,

I would like to said that the only thing possible for me now is developing new adapter by using the toolkit code. I have a question from my supervicer. He asked me about the connection between the CTI connnecter and the CTI system. I have found that there is two way communicated between those. One is CTI system send the events to CTI connecter and CTI connecter send the masages to CTI system. but though these architecture, the developer guide doesn't provide any idea of how they are communicated, and what are required for performing that communication.

In my understanding, I should use only  the CTI system event parameters to create the event sink right? (so I've already had the CTI system SDK developer guide in hand is enough)  Then, when the system is built, the user just login. So the adapter will automatically register the CTI system link to the CTI connecter. Am I right?

Is there anything I missed. please advice..

LouisoLouiso

i have visual studio 2008, do i have to convert the CTI toolkit code files version or not????