function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
frasuyetfrasuyet 

Data Loader and Windows Scheduler

I've configured the data loader to run in batch mode using the command line interface. I am excuting my process bean from the command line using the syntax below. No problems worked as I expected.

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 17.0\bin>process ../conf Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

I now want to automate this process using a Windows Scheduler task to kick off the process. My scheduled task never runs because I assume my Run: syntax is incorrect. I've tried the following combinations without success. Any ideas of the correct sytnax I should use to kick off the process bean using a Windows Scheduler task?

"C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 17.0\bin\process.bat" Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

process.bat "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 17.0\bin" Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
frasuyetfrasuyet

I didnt follow your recommendation exactly but it got me thinking and created something very similar. I create a .bat file that resides in the data loader bin directory using the below which kicks off the process.bat from the Windows Scheduler. 

call process ../conf Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

Thanks!

All Answers

kxa422kxa422

Create a single batch file to put in Windows Scheduler

The content of the batch file should be something like that:

cd C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 17.0\bin

process ../conf Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

Try the batch file by itself before using it in the scheduler.

frasuyetfrasuyet

I didnt follow your recommendation exactly but it got me thinking and created something very similar. I create a .bat file that resides in the data loader bin directory using the below which kicks off the process.bat from the Windows Scheduler. 

call process ../conf Extract_Accounts_NRT_BatchProcess

Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer
nagalakshminagalakshmi

Hi, 

How to solve this issue. how to schedule the commandline dataloader for inserting the record. can you please tell me in detail if possible. 

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

CloudStrickerCloudStricker

Hi nagalakshmi,

Please follow these steps

Step 1: Create a batch file in "bin" folder of dataloader

The batch file should contain the following

"cls
               call process "Path to the config.properties file" <bean id from process.conf file>

cls
               call process "Path to the config.properties file" <bean id from process.conf file>"

Step 2: Open "Scheduled Task" from "System Tools"

Step 3: click "Add scheduled Task"

Step 4: Browse for the Batch file you just created and choose the frequency of batch execution like "daily, weekly,monthly " etc

Step 5: give the PC password if your system is password protected and click the fibish button.

Thats it you can executethe batch process.

Hope this might help :-)