function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobmalonebobmalone 

Non Profit Tax Letters

I administer a nonprofit implementation of salesforce.  I am triyng to compile an email template including the contact deatils and the donation made from this year's campaign.  How do I create a template that includes contact information and the amount of a specific donation?
FPNNCCFPNNCC

I'm an admin using the nonprofit starter pack - just set up a template in Communication Templates/Mail Merge Templates.  Key is to make the MS Word document using these mail merge fields as shown below.  Then, if you have entered the donation properly, you can pull up this template by selecting the Mail Merge button from the donation, and it will access both the contact and the donation objects.  Note that this is shown for an individual donation, not mass mail merge.

«CONTACTOWNER_FULLNAME»

«CONTACT_FORMULA_HOUSEHOLDMAILINGADDRESS»

{DATE  \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"  \* MERGEFORMAT}

Dear «CONTACT_FIRSTNAME», 

Thank you for your recent contribution of «OPPORTUNITY_AMOUNT» to...

Lisa_AnnLisa_Ann
This solution will work for manually sending email/mail merge for each individual donation.

However, if you're sending out a yearly tax letter. I would think that you're trying to send an email/mail merge for multiple donations or multiple contacts. If so, I would look into Conga Compossor for this type of mail merge or  possibly creating reports, exporting data, and using Word to mail merge. For mass email -- visualforce email template.

I did try going to each donation and doing a mail merge/email template but was pulling my hair out with how time consuming it can be.
Message Edited by Lisa_Ann on 01-11-2010 11:28 AM