function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken_KoellnerKen_Koellner 

Eloqua / SFDC integration API

I'm a seasoned developer in SFDC but know very little about Eloqua.  I need to do an integration where an action in SFDC makes a call to Eloqua.  I've heard something about an SFDC / Eloqua interface but don't know if there is anything specific like that.  I know Eloqua has a Web Service API.  Found this on the web -- http://eloqua.blogspot.com/2009/08/getting-started-with-eloqua-web.html

Is the best pracitce for SFDC / Eloqua communiciation to import Eloquas WSDL to SFDC and write Apex code to call the Eloqua Web Services?

Any other ways to do it?

shillyershillyer

Just curious, but why not go with one of their AppExchange apps? But if they do have a public WSDL, consume them and making Apex Web Service callouts should do the trick.

Best,

Sati

RAbreoRAbreo

Ken, I work for a Consulting Practice where I am a certified Eloqua Consultant and a certified Salesforce Consultant so we have experience with these types of questions ranging from the very simple to the very complex.  Accordingly the best practice approach really depends on the specific trigger-action requirement and the underlying business context.

There are at least two more simple approaches to this problem than using Apex to consume Eloqua Web Services:

- Custom Weblink that performs  a form submission

- Field Merges can be used to trigger update of custom field values AND/OR

- Can be used to trigger automated Eloqua Workflow

- Eloqua Direct Connect API

- If you company is currently using both Eloqua and SFDC it's very likely that they also have a live integration that manages information flow between the two systems over a direct connect.  Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you maybe able to leverage this existing integration piece to meet requirements.

The most robust (and complex) solution would obviously be using Eloqua Web Services.  We're also Eloqua API Certified and have specifically worked with solutions that involve APEX code and Eloqua Web Services- 

Let me know if I can help with any further clarification-

Ryan Abreo

SubhamSubham

Hi Ryan,

My requirement is to Send email to my contacts on click of a button(Within Salesforce)

On click I have to send Few data which will be dynamic.

Do i Need eloqua to send mail to contact with dynamic data.

Can this be done?

If yes , Do I need to consume Eloqua web service for this?

Regards,

Subham