function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iPalyamiPalyam 

Event Model in Salesforce.com?

Does Salesforce.com expose an event model we can tap into while integrating with external applications? Like for instance, upon creating or updating a case or account in salesforce.com, I would like to be able to invoke a call to a web service. Can I do this?

Older posts (dated 2005-2006) mention there is no event model in salesforce.com and suggest polling as an alternative to this. Wanted to see if there were any changes made to salesforce.com.

shillyershillyer

Outbound Messages.

Hope that helps,

Sati

iPalyamiPalyam

Hi Sati,

I tried Outbound Messaging. I read the API docs and followed this article

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_an_Outbound_Messaging_Notification_Service_with_CSharp_and_.Net_Framework_2.0

However, I am getting a (503) Service Unavailable error when the outbound message is sent. I am new to salesforce.com and looked at the debug logs. It says "success". Any suggestions as to what else I can do?

Thanks! 

gueropolkasgueropolkas

I am experiencing this same problem, intermittently, right now.   The endpoint is behind a firewall and a load balancer, and usually works, but occasionally totally craps out.   My IT guys are blaming SFDC (surprise).   Did you ever resolve this and, if so, how?

thanks!

np100np100

Hi geuropolkas,

did you ever figure out what is causing this issue? we're experiencing the same problem.

gueropolkasgueropolkas

no -- after 1.5 years of research, finally gave up.    We think it was caused by a resource outage in our internal proxy server, but it was too intermittent to ever really pin down.   I hope you have better look.