function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NIKALNIKAL 

Self-Service Portal: Ability to discern difference between cases (Projects vs. Support)

I am unable to find a solution that allows me to determine whether a case is related to Support or Services. Both our Support teams and a services team use SFDC for case management (project related cases and support related cases).

Internally I can track whether this is a Support case or a service case based on Record Types but when a client logs into the self service portal to log a issue or view a issue I am unable to display the ticket 'group'owner. How can they select whether the case being submitted is a Support case or a service case so the correct teams are notified and the issue worked?

Message Edited by NIKAL on 01-13-2010 11:07 AM
werewolfwerewolf
The SSP doesn't really support that functionality; the Customer Portal does though.
MiguelGuerreiroMiguelGuerreiro
You can add a picklist field (available on the record type you use in the ssp) with Support and Project values. Self service users would select the correct type and then create a workflow rule to change the record type to the ones you use for Support and Project.