function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EtaussigEtaussig 

Opportunity products and dates

Hi - I am hoping someone can help me with my dilemma.  We license movies for non theatrical screenings.  We have two types of agreements with our customers.  One type is a general agreement where we have screening dates that are specific, i.e. company XYZ will be showing Shrek on 2/12/10 and Iron Man on 2/24/10.  We have many customers that show up to 20-30 movies so all of these are separate products.

Our second type of agreement is a Master contract whereby a comany pays for 30 movies for the month of February and then later reports the screening information the next month.

For royalty purposes, we report the revenue to the studio by the screening date for the first type of contract and by the reported date for the second type of contract, but for the second type we still need to capture the screening dates for internal reporting purposes.

Right now I have 2 date fields at the opp product level.  "Start date" for contract 1 and "start date" and "screening date" for contract type 2.  The sales people have asked me if there is a way to autofill the start date for the second type of contract as it will always be the same and they don't want to have to key in 2 sets of dates when the order is for 40 movies (products).  Does anyone have a solution to this?  I have searched the community but can't find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

WmWm
You can create a formula field for the start date of second type. If this is never changing then you can just give it a defailt value.