function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
danlatdanlat 

Can Partner Portal Users Share The Same Data?

Hi All,

We have two partner users: User A, User B.

Say if User A creates an Account on their Partner Portal, is it possible to let User B see the same account when they log in to their Partner Portal? and as such make changes? I guess this revolves around data sharing?

Thanks for any advice.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

According to help:

You can use these groups and the sharing rule category to easily create sharing rules that grant all of your partner portal or Salesforce.com users access to specific data. You can also create sharing rules between partner portal users and Salesforce.com users, but not between partner users associated with different partner accounts. 

So if the users are part of the same account, you should be fine.

Best,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

According to help:

You can use these groups and the sharing rule category to easily create sharing rules that grant all of your partner portal or Salesforce.com users access to specific data. You can also create sharing rules between partner portal users and Salesforce.com users, but not between partner users associated with different partner accounts. 

So if the users are part of the same account, you should be fine.

Best,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
danlatdanlat

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I am now just curious how I would set up sharing.

I have created a new sharing rule for accounts like so:

ActionOwned ByShared WithAccount, Contract and AssetOpportunityCase
Edit | DelPortal Role: L4L HQ Partner ManagerPortal Role: L4L HQ Partner ManagerRead/WriteRead/WriteRead/Write

So what I am trying to do is share all Accounts with everyone in L4L HQ Partner Portal, regardless who created the Account Is this correct?

Would be grateful if you could help. (again)

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, that is correct.
danlatdanlat

Much appreciated shillyler and werewolf.

Thanks a bunch.