function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rcravenrcraven 

Spring 10 - Aggregate Functions - Were Governor Record Limits Relaxed?

Were the governor limits for the count(), or new aggregate functions relaxed or, are developers and larger organizations still ham-boned by the 10,000 record governor limit? 

It's very hard to add aggregate averages or summary values to VF pages without implementing a M : D (master - details) relationship (which in a lot of use cases it's considered a bad practice to automatically delete child records), just to incorporate roll up summary fields (which itself had suffered from recursion issues in the past).

-Rob

Message Edited by rcraven on 01-19-2010 03:57 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rcravenrcraven

It's not documented that I'm aware of.  I'm sure it's an over-sight of the documentation team rather than salesforce pulling the rug over limitation gaps in new functionality.  

The aggregate functions of Spring 10 are great however, the limitation of 10k records stinks, so in effect we developers needed to rely on external solutions.  With Spring 11' the governor limit has been increased to 50k records making the aggregate functions much more useful.  In addition, I'm excited about the @read-only bulk apex cursor which should allow us to query and aggregate up to 50 million records (Enterprise level roll up summary values with out the master-details relationship), all contained on the Salesforce platform.

All Answers

Chris DChris D

Where exactly is this documented? I am aware of the limit through trial and error as well as the forums. I have not seen it in the web services or apex developers guides.

rcravenrcraven

It's not documented that I'm aware of.  I'm sure it's an over-sight of the documentation team rather than salesforce pulling the rug over limitation gaps in new functionality.  

The aggregate functions of Spring 10 are great however, the limitation of 10k records stinks, so in effect we developers needed to rely on external solutions.  With Spring 11' the governor limit has been increased to 50k records making the aggregate functions much more useful.  In addition, I'm excited about the @read-only bulk apex cursor which should allow us to query and aggregate up to 50 million records (Enterprise level roll up summary values with out the master-details relationship), all contained on the Salesforce platform.

This was selected as the best answer