function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rcravenrcraven 

Spring 10 - Where the Mass Email Governor Limits Relaxed

I've heard that the single emails created via Apex are no longer counted against the mass email limit, is this true?

-Rob

Message Edited by rcraven on 01-19-2010 04:06 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rcravenrcraven

Single email is referring to users selecting "Send Email" from the activity related lists.   Although, mass email limits count against single email messages sent via the API.   I've spoken with Salesforce support and it seems that Apex emails sent to Salesforce users using the WhoId does not count against the daily mass email limits.   I've been asking them to update the developer documents so that this is clearly stated for all of us (to my knowledge this hasn't happened).

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Hi Rob,

I don't believe so, where did you see that? This is what the docs says:

All mass email and single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the daily mass mail limit of the sending organization. When the daily mass mail limit for the organization is reached, all calls to the sendEmail method are rejected, and the user receives a MASS_MAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error code. However, single email messages sent through the application are still allowed.

Best,

Sati

mits430xmits430x
Hi, shillyer.

I couldn't understand what you said; "However, single email messages sent through the application are still allowed.".
Did you say that I can send single email while daily single email limit is exceeded?

Please let me know whether I receive error-code and the mail is sent successfully, even if while the limit is exceeded.

Regards.

rcravenrcraven

Single email is referring to users selecting "Send Email" from the activity related lists.   Although, mass email limits count against single email messages sent via the API.   I've spoken with Salesforce support and it seems that Apex emails sent to Salesforce users using the WhoId does not count against the daily mass email limits.   I've been asking them to update the developer documents so that this is clearly stated for all of us (to my knowledge this hasn't happened).

This was selected as the best answer